Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Britney's Back...sort of

So I broke down tonight. I had told myself I wouldn't watch "How I Met Your Mother" just because Britney Spears was guest-starring, but I did. I couldn't help myself. I had CBS on to watch one of my current favs, "The Big Bang Theory", and they kept showing all the teasers for "How I met Your Mother" which happened to be on next. So I gave up another half hour of my life and took one for the team.
I was shocked. Britney appeared semi-normal. Her character was crazy, but she, oddly enough, appeared as though she was a SANE actress PLAYING a crazy secretary. And, I have to admit-although it pains me greatly, she did a *good* job. It certainly helped that the show has terrific writers and a strong cast. The storyline for Brit's guest spot was spectacular by itself, thus helping Brit look even better as a guest star.
The good news: 1) The storyline was open enough that Brit could come back in the future. Rumors have been going around suggesting that she could work out a multi-episode deal.
2) Britney's outfit (the one she wore during the show) is going to be auctioned off for charity. I say that makes this whole thing worth it.
3) "How I Met Your Mother" probably has a host of new fans all because they were willing to take a chance on a deranged former pop-star. Yeah for CBS!

No comments: