Tuesday, January 22, 2008

HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD IN NYC!!!



I don't know what to say right now. I feel as though a piece of myself has been ripped out, as though someone is playing an awful April fools joke on me and it's only January.
It was just reported that 28 year old Heath Ledger was found dead in his NYC apartment today.
Apparently he was in bed with sleeping pills nearby. It has not been confirmed, however, that Ledger's death was suicide.
Ledger leaves behind a daughter, Matilda, whom he had with actress Michelle Williams. The two had been married and split early last year. Best known for his work in "Brokeback Mountain", Ledger also starred in memorable movies like "The Patriot", "A Knight's Tale" and "Monster's Ball".
I, however, fell in love with Heath because of his role in "10 Things I Hate About You". "10 Things..." was the 19 year old Australian's first big on screen break. Cast alongside Julia Stiles, Larissa Oleynik, Allison Janney, David Krumholtz, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ledger shined in the role of the bad boy turned love interest in the adaptation of Shakespear's Taming of the Shrew.
While most teen stars rode their success into other movies of the genre, Ledger decided to stray from the path and chose more egdy, adult, and sophisticated roles in his post "10 Things" success.
Heath just finished shooting "The Dark Knight", a Batman Sequel in which he played the joker.

Now I have to watch "10 Things I Hate About You" and mourn the loss of the man who made me melt with his singing of "You're Just to Good to be True".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read today that he died and, no joke, the wind was knocked out of me. It was just such a surprise. For someone so young and talented, so seemingly put-together and well-adjusted, he died a strange death. Overdosing on sleeping pills is not the way I want to remember Heath, so I think I'll rewatch "10 things I hate about you" and fall in love with him all over again. Rest in peace Heath!