Tuesday, March 20, 2007

TRL no longer TRL

So I haven't watched TRL on MTV since I was in jr. high BUT I remember the glory days of the program. I remember when the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, and Britney Spears were in their heyday and used the show as a vehicle for their work. I remember thinking how amazing it would be to stand outside the studios in Times Square while blocks of New York's street were closed down so that teenagers could get a glimpse of their favorite celebrities. While TRL has most certainly lost its edge as far as TV goes (come on as soon as Carson Daly left the show went down hill) but is it really necessary for MTV to stop producing TRL as a LIVE show? MTV decided to tape the shows live on Mondays and Wednesdays and tape the remaining shows AFTER the live shootings on those days. SO if you are still one of those fans who enjoys calling in to ask your favorite celebs questions it sucks to be you.

I scoured up some fun trivia for today though. Today's trivia is for the movie 300.
*It was shot in 60 days.
*Post productions took almost a year.

No comments: