Saturday, March 10, 2007

The New Disney Princess

So I am insanely curious as to what everyone thinks about Disney's newest princess. For the first time in Walt Disney animated history the princess will be black. The story will be set in New Orleans and the movie will be released in 2009. What does this mean for the Disney franchise? The new princess will supposedly be a part of the Disney brand and thus will be used as a promotional tool at all the Disney theme parks. This newest animated feature will also be done in the old school format, rather than the computer animated techniques more frequently employed now a days.

On an entirely different note, I am watching Hitch right now. I am wondering how much of that character is actually Will Smith. I can totally see him being the most romantic individual. He was SOOOO genuine at the Pursuit of Happyness premiere. I am jealous of Jada. I bet he is a great dad too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great to have a black princess. Apparently, she was going to be called Maddie, but they changed her name to Tiana as apparently some people thought the name Maddie was too downmarket!
More on Tiana on here very soon