Saturday, March 31, 2007

Harry Potter PUMPED!!!


I can't help myself. Today I got the new Entertainment Weekly with a picture of a fierce looking Emma Watson (Hermione) on the front. Then I visited my Yahoo! homepage where I was inundated with Harry Potter photos, facts, and clips from the latest film. As an avid fan of the entire literary series, as well as a watcher and owner of the films, it is safe to say that I am in a state of constant anticipation for this summers bombardment of all things Harry Potter.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will come out only eight days before the long awaited last book in franchise history. And while Harry Potter mania won't end there (there will be marketing schemes, TV spots, and hoards of interviews to boost appeal) I can't say that I won't be left with an empty feeling once all is said and done. Fortunatly Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, and Danielle Ratcliffe have signed on to do the remaining Harry Potter movies. They are set to start filming the next edition in September. While some might suggest that the actors will be too old to play their characters from the books (Rupert will be 21 by the estimated time of production ends, while his character will only be 17), I argue that with out this threesome the movies would flop. If you think age matters in Hollywood I have compiled a quick list of examples that prove otherwise: Rachel McAdams in Mean Girls (she was in her mid-twenties when that was made, her character was only 17 in the movie), Missy Peregrym in Stick It (she was 23/24 when the movie was being made and played a 16/17 year old character.), the same goes for Sophia Bush in John Tucker Must Die. The 25 year old actress went back to high school for that role, and guys everywhere in America were thankful. I could go on but you get the picture. The point of this blog: I'm excited for Harry Potter and like a number of great things out there, it is only getting better with age.

No comments: