I am convinced there is a conspiracy on American Idol. Last night I watched for about an hour of the hour and 25 minute show. I thought none of the performances were stellar and I thought one was particularly terrible. That was Danny Gokey's butchering of my favorite Rascal Flatts song "What Hurts the Most." I thought he absolutely mutilated a beautiful song and was sure that the judges would feel the same way. To my SHOCK all of the judges loved it. Maybe its because I am not musical or whatever but I thought it was just dreadful. Hence when I starting believing in a conspiracy. If any of you have seen the movie American DreamZ with Mandy Moore and Hugh Grant and various others, this movie parodies Idol and basically makes it out to be a total sham, showing the execs of the show hand picking the top 3 before the show even gets under way. Here are the reasons I believe the folks over at Idol have already picked Danny Gokey to win:
1. His wife just died: that SUCKS it is super sad and so he gets a total sympathy vote (and mine too0
2. His grandpa just died. repeat above reason
3. He is the director of a Church choir - good for the kids and a wholesome image.
4. He's not a terrible singer or terribly unfortunate looking
5. Finally - He's an all American boy from Wisconsin - repeat wholesome image.
Now while I really hope this is not the case, I think my points are valid. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this progresses. Leave a comment if you agree/disagree or think I'm just a conspiracy theorist.