Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Wildly Hoping" someone reads this

Ok so once again my title reeks of cheese. I can't help myself. The subject of my column today is Mandy Moore's new solo album, titled "Wild Hope". Moore is on the publicity tour heavily promoted the release of the new album and the release of her upcoming feature film "Lisence to Wed" with Robin Williams. I have listened to a few of the songs on the album and I will say I am impressed with the starlets smooth transition out of cheesy teen pop and into sophisticated songwriting. Her first single, Extraordinary, is catchy, light, and the perfect opening for her new career door. Moore has been working to shed her teenybob image (Think back to her "Candy" days and "The Princess Diaries" movie) and instead surround herself with more adult talent (now think "Because I Said So" with Diane Keaton). While the other teen starlets of her era have found themselves lost now that they've reached their mid-twenties (Britney, Christina, Jessica...) Moore has continued to work hard to establish a solid career platform for herself. Whether or not it will work out remains to be seen. She hasn't gone off and become tabloid bait. She won't be getting out of limo minus her panties any time soon. She, hopefully, won't land herself in jail or rehab either. By flying under the radar, she hopes to soar above the competition. I wish her all the best.

No comments: