Monday, May 18, 2009

Sherlock Holmes Trailer is Out and Awesome

I've always been a Sherlock Holmes fan which is why when I heard they were making another movie inspired by the classic character I was both excited and petrified all at the same time. As a lover of novels my biggest fear is that Hollywood will destroy a classic character or tear apart a beloved plot. The reason I'm leaning more towards excited for the release of this film is due to the following:
1) It appears to be based only on the characters and not on one of the classic short stories...thus the plot will be fresh.
2) If Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, and Rachel McAdams signed on it can't be too bad. These are A-listers and will undoubtedly do the characters they play justice.
3) It's a Christmas Day release which means the studio thinks it'll be really big. That's normally a VERY good sign.

After watching the trailer I'm inclined to believe the aforementioned things will come to be and I will immensely enjoy the film. Your thoughts?

No comments: