Thursday, July 5, 2007

Straight from the Wire

MILEY CYRUS OUTSELLS KELLY CLARKSON
NEW YORK (AP) -- Miley Cyrus won the battle of the T-V idols as her C-D opened at number-one, just ahead of Kelly Clarkson. Nielsen-Soundscan reports that the double C-D "Hannah Montana 2/Meet Miley Cyrus" sold 326-thousand copies, 25-thousand more than Clarkson's "My December." Clarkson still set a personal record for opening week sales. Cyrus' C-D is the first one under her own name, as opposed to her T-V character Hannah Montana.

If I were Kelly Clarkson I'd be ashamed. Seriously...Miley Cyrus? I am going to even admit that I've heard the latest Hannah Montana album (you can sample the music online) and Miley has some catchy new tunes...but still...I can't believe she outsold American's Idol!

I already mentioned how I feel old when I talk about all this. I feel older today. Kevin Richardson...one of the Backstreet Boys (I actually met him once..he is a lot hotter in person) gave birth to a son...Mason. I forget that he is like thrity now. Again I feel old.

No comments: