Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kelly Clarkson...back?


Kelly Clarkson pole-vaults to the top of the Billboard charts in a history making leap from 97th to No. 1 within the course of a week! Her new single "My Life Would Suck Without You" holds the No. 1 spot on the Digital Chart as well, also selling 279,605 downloads in a mere week, which just happens to be the third biggest digital song debut for any female artist. The single track comes from Kelly's fourth album, All I Ever Wanted, which is set to drop March 10.

The question is whether or not the former American Idol can re-captivate audiences with the rest of her album. Needless to say, My December, was a flop...especially having ridden the coat tails of an uber-successful sophomore album. "My Life..." appears to give a nod to Kelly's roots. The dramatic pop is what got her to the top, hopefully it's what will keep her there on this latest album. I was disappointed with Clarkson's last attempt. I'll be willing to write it off as a mid-career crisis, though if "All I Ever Wanted" brings her former spark back.

1 comment:

Rachel Sparr said...

I would just like to say, Kelly Clarkson is kicking ass and taking names. Specifically Britney Spears, because she surpassed Britney's record of jumping from 96 to 1. I miss Kelly and I'm glad she's back with a vengeance.