Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's About Time...

So I've gone almost all summer without blogging about Miley Cyrus. And yet, through all that time, the posts that continued to get the most responses where the ones about, you guessed it, Miley Cyrus. So I've finally broken down. Here it is: The first Miley Cyrus post of the season.

I'm not going to lie, I've listened to the Disney starlet's new album. And, there are actually a few songs on there I really like. Her cover of "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" made me want to cry (come on, you can't do Cyndi Lauper better than Cyndi Lauper). I will say that "Full Circle" and "Goodbye" have the potential to make one of my iPod playlists.
What I love the most about this new album is that it reminds me of one put out not too long ago, by then teen queen herself, Britney Spears. Yes I just made that comparison. Miley has released this album after a very public breakup with Nick Jonas and has admitted that much of the inspiration for her music came from that relationship. Now think back half a decade or so to the Britney Spears/Justin Timberlake breakup. Did they not both release albums featuring songs regarding each other's relationship? Thank you very much. Now that the Jonas Brothers have released their latest album, it's rather obvious some of their music was inspired by the Miley/Nick relationship as well.
In Miley's latest video "7 Things" you can see that she is wearing her ex-beau's necklace.


The good news is that if Miley does decide to shave her head someday, she already has a blonde wig in her size (I'm sorry I had to).

No comments: