Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I don't 90210


So I just spent the last two hours of my life giving "90210" a chance. And...well...the verdict's still out.
It was incredibly predictable, very Gossip Girls-esque, and at times overly cliche. And yet, at the same time, it had a really hot cast, some solid story-lines, and the potential to be another 14-29 year old hit.
Let's start with the cast:
*Newcomer Shenae Grimes shines in the role of Annie Wilsom. She is a combination Blake Lively meets Miley Cyrus. Somehow that works for her, and for the show.
*Dustin Milligan is one of those male characters that will totally grow on you as the show continues. He's cute in a boyish way with a charm that will keep you coming back, no matter what stupid things he says/does.
*Rob Estes. Yeah that's about all I need to say. For emphasis, though, I'll add: DILF
*Jennie Garth and Shannon Daugherty...I don't really care about their characters, the fact that they came back for round two is worth watching.

I'll be honest, I'll probably give this show another week to truly impress me. The foundation is there, I'm just not sure that it can provide the necessary support.
I'll get back to you on that one :)

No comments: