Monday, October 26, 2009

Thank You CW for Getting Something Right


The CW and I have a love hate relationship. I LOVE Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, 90210, and the Vampire Diaries. I hate the fact that they chose to pick up Melrose Place over a Gossip Girl spin-off. I also hate that they continue to extend the life of Smallville, a show I used to love, making it into a 7th Heaven like shell of itself now in its umpteenth year.
Today I am in love with the CW's decision to axe Ashlee Simpson-Wentz from the new MP. If you insist on making yet another classic remake, then at least do it justice. Simpson-Wentz ruined that show from the minute she stepped into the frame. Her character, Violet, is creepy, awkward, and her storyline is clearly an outlier in the greater scheme of the show. Executives had to see that everytime Aslee entered the picture she made fans uncomfortable.
I only hope the network makes another equally intelligent decision and decides to greenlight the GG spin-off. Brittany Snow deserves to be back on TV again... primetime just isn't the same without her.

No comments: