Friday, October 9, 2009

Miley Twitter Mania


I only wish that someday I will be of enough importance that when I delete my Twitter page it will cause a national entertainment news debacle. Ok, maybe not.
But that is what happened to Miley Cyrus. After a tweet mentioned how her "not boyfriend" (read: yes they're dating) Liam Hemsworth wanted her to delete her Twitter account, just like that the whipped little Disney princess did just that.
Personally I thought cyber-space was better off... but alas the entertainment and tween world stopped rotating at the thought that their number one source of celeb gossip couldn't communicate with them on a semi-personal level. Thus the crazy Twitter debacle ensued.
Leave it up to Miley's dad to use the very site she withdrew from to try and entice her to come back:
RT @billyraycyrus Words can hurt worse than bullets True.All the more reason to take this tool and tweet

RT @billyraycyrus I understand "it is true one bad apple spoils the bunch".But listen to the words of your songs "Stand... for what ya believe in"...Remember?


RT @billyraycyrus Miley. You are a light in a world of darkness. You were born"Destiny Hope Cyrus" for a reason.You can't leave everyone now.We r countin on u


So my question is this... is there a PR person in the background encouraging Billy Ray to get his daughter back in cyberspace? If I were Miley's PR person I'd be wanting her to get back on Twitter...it's free and easy shameless self-promotion. My guess is that it won't be long until @mileycyrus is back up and running again.

1 comment:

constant gina said...

wow....this shows that Liam is playing the man role in the relationship well...!