Monday, September 21, 2009

Things I've Learned This Week

I may have graduated from college, but the learning never stops. Here are some things that I've learned this week related to the entertainment industry.

1). Miley Cyrus and I shares something odd in common: We both don't eat green foods. I get made fun of for this trait all the time, so it's nice to know I share it with someone, especially a multi-millionaire Hollywood phenom. Want proof? Check out Miley's interview on Jay Leno's new show:

2). The EMMYs may actually be back. Neil Patrick Harris and Co. did a great job making the show less about the awards, and more about the entertainment factor. It helped that they were able to crack jokes at their own irrelevance for most of the night. To be honest, I don't even care about the winners. Without a Kanye West/Taylor Swift moment there wasn't anything worth a huge headline.

3). I love season premieres...and the internet. Your old favorites make their comebacks, and you get a chance to fall in love with fresh meat all at the same time. The internet and DVRs everywhere allow you to now watch as many as you can without having to miss out on the shows airing in competing time slots. I've been taking advantage of this, BIG TIME. So far I can't get enough of the CW's new lineup, including: Vampire Diaries, Melrose Place, 90210, Gossip Girl, and One Tree Hill.

4). Shows can surivive even when cast members you thought you couldn't live without leave.
I thought I was done with One Tree Hill last season. With Chad Michael Murray and Hillary Burton out, and the perfect ending that was the season finale I thought I'd never see it again and be forever happy. Then I watched the season premiere. I forgot those characters were ever even important. Sophia Bush and company had no trouble carrying on the great OTH tradition and thus they'll have my viewership throughout the season.

5). Following celebrities on Twitter is not a bad thing. I have been thoroughly entertained many a time thanks to my Twitter addiction. Celebrities post the craziest shit on there, and I eat it up. Want to make yourself feel better? Just read the post of a celeb whose making a fool of themself by having an online Twitter feud with another celeb (i.e. Perez Hilton and Demi Moore). Want to live vicariously through a 16 year old phenom? Follow the likes of Miley Cyrus. Want to see a celeb use their popularity for good? Try catching up with Ashton Kutcher.


6). Kelly Clarkson is a bad-ass. Read below to learn why I suddenly love this diva even more now.

Dear Kanye,

What happened to you as a child?? Did you not get hugged enough?? Something must have happened to make you this way and I think we’re all just curious as to what would make a grown man go on national television and make a talented artist, let alone teenager, feel like shit. I mean, I’ve seen you do some pretty shitty things, but you just keep amazing me with your tactless, asshole ways. It’s absolutely fascinating how much I don’t like you. I like everyone. I even like my asshole ex that cheated on me over you…which is pretty odd since I don’t even personally know you. The best part of this evening is that you weren’t even up for THIS award and yet you still have a problem with the outcome. Is winning a moon man that much of a life goal?? You can have mine if it will shut you up. Is it that important, really??

I was actually nominated in the same category that Taylor won and I was excited for her…so why can’t you be?? I’m not even mad at you for being an asshole…I just pity you because you’re a sad human being.

On a side note, Beyonce has always been a class act and proved again tonight that she still is. Go TEXAS!!

Taylor Swift, you outsell him ….that’s why he’s bitter. You know I love your work! Keep it up girl!

KC :)

No comments: