Friday, December 12, 2008

Miley's Hand-me-Down


Miley Cyrus and I finally have something in common: We both got used cars for our sixteenth birthdays. Granted mine was a platinum colored 1986 Mercury Cougar fondly nicknamed "Goldmember", while Mileys was well...a Porsche.
The sixteen year old Disney starlet didn't just get the car, remember a month ago her folks shut down Walt Disney Land resort to throw her a kick-ass party too. Come to think of it, I had a party for my sixteenth also. Only no celebrities showed up, and tickets to attend didn't cost a couple of hundred dollars.
Cyrus has another reason to celebrate this month, the dual threat nabbed a Golden Globe nomination for her original theme song to the animated feature Bolt. Cyrus and John Travolta teamed up to sing "I Thought I'd Lost You" which has become an iTunes favorite.

No comments: