Monday, June 16, 2008

Will Camp Rock?



The last two summers Disney has banked big with the release of their hot "High School Musical" franchise. Now, while the third installment prepares itself for the big screen, the Mouse is hoping to fill the void with "Camp Rock".
My guess, like Disney's, is that the star power of the super hot Jonas Brothers (who all appear in the movie) will drive this movie to success. But Disney isn't just banking on the brothers...the network has been working hard to promote their latest young talent (read: Soon to be tabloid fodder) Demi Lovato. Following in the footsteps of other Disney developed young talent (Hilary Duff, Miley Cyrus, Vanessa Hudgens), Lovato hopes this project will propel her to super-star status.
While my guess is that the movie itself (acting, plot, special effects) will suck...the soundtrack will likely rocket it to success. The title song, "We Rock", has already caused quite a buzz online, and clips of others songs featured in the film show promise.
While this movie is certainly targeted for the tween generation, I wouldn't be surprised if like other Disney enterprises (Hannah Montana, High School Musical), it finds success with older audiences too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did u hear they are already starting a second one i luv the jobros u da bomb i no alll the words 2 all there songs im 16 luv ya nick kiss kiss my room is full of there posters and i watch every thing wit them on it so joe nick and kevare my idoles but i never got to meat them ill check back later my naem startes wit a m

Anonymous said...

It's amazing designed for me to have a site, which is good for my experience. thanks admin

Also visit my website - interesting article