Monday, March 26, 2007

Turtle Power

Can I just say how incredibly excited I am that TMNT has surpassed 300 to take the number one spot at the box office. I grew up a ninja turtles fan and not only did I religiously watch the cartoon, but I went to all three of the movies in theatres, bought a poster for my room, and had the Michaelangelo costume which I frequently wore with my cousins when playing. There was nothing greater than running around yelling "cowabunga" and "tubular" all the while wishing you had an endless supply of pizza to fuel your adventures (although I was happy to do without the anchovies). I was never a power rangers person (although I was thrilled that they included women warriors into the franchise). The fact that their appearance phased out my favorite green friends was a sharp blow to my childhood. Now, past my teenage years, I long for the days of playing dress up while listening to the Ninja Turtles soundtrack (dang straight I had it, I played "coming out of our shells" so many times the tape warped). For all of you who have shared/share my feelings for the heroes in a half-shell you'll be thrilled to know that you can find the songs from that album on the internet. And, after what has seemed like an eternity of waiting, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back on the big screen. The only thing that could make this experience better would be if Patrick Stuart (who lends his voice to the animated feature film) would have included the line he used at the Michigan game this year when leading the marching band. Either way I'm excited to see that current and future generations alike will be blessed with the crime fighting power of Rafael, Donatello, Leonardo, and Michaelangelo...I am already sleeping better at night as a result.

No comments: